COURTESY- The warmth in a relationship

 


Keeping in touch, rekindling rough or long lost friendships, extending an affectionate shoulder during tough times, a surprise phone call to brighten someone’s day, a surprise gift on a special day, a key note when I stumble in life, a thank you or a sorry.. said without inhibitions, ending an egoistic cycle in relationships, sharing joys and sadness with loved ones, an angelic action which removes a mountain from someone’s head, a much needed advice in times of confusion, a fault accepted with dignity, a moment of anger lowered in the next, unpleasant reactions turned into graceful improvements, a tight hug in a much needed situation.. I call these “Courtesies” – they make a world of difference in my life!

Courtesy is not always a response to an action, it is mostly the first step towards having a healthy and a strong relationship. It brings an extra step of closeness with that person. And this is what the world, currently wound up in a vicious ego circle, lacks! My mum, dad or mum-in-law never hesitate to extend a sorry to my lil’ one if they hurt him by mistake or so. It is not a battle of elders..youngsters or protocols to be followed. It is about the love and affection associated!

I gift you something and you extend a thank you…becomes a formality, but an extended courtesy responded with affection, makes you dear to my heart. Courtesy that originates from the heart touches us and can be felt with just an exchange of expressions but the same extended as a  formality comes from the mouth and can be felt by an artificial smile 😊 !!

The uncertainty of lifespan around has definitely made me realize the beautiful journey of spreading happiness through expected and unexpected courtesies. It’s just a minute of letting go of our egos and mending broken relationships. What I fail to understand is, the complexities that people have gotten into and making lives miserable for them and people around them.

I feel loved when somebody appreciates my effort, I feel honored when somebody makes me feel important, I feel graceful when somebody says I look beautiful, I feel privileged when I have a good support system during tough times, I feel blessed when things are happening my way, I feel touched when somebody goes out of their way to do something for me, I feel happy when I’ve had an eventful day, I feel proud when I have achieved my daily goals, whatsoever…If I feel the above, then definitely, my peers would as well.., considering that we belong to the human race and cannot be like stones! These are courtesies, which create some kind of warmth in a relationship.

When I feel good throughout the day, I can make others feel the same as well. If I am happy, I can create happiness around.

It is actually very simple to extend a courtesy…just let go off inhibitions and take a first step! It may not yield an immediate result, but it will definitely bring down the mountain you have nurtured on your head. It just takes a missed phone call or an unnoticed Whatsapp message these days to bring back harmony and happiness around.

The positive quotient -  Don’t wait to extend a courtesy, express love or gratitude.  Don’t keep waiting for others to take the first step, because you don’t know if they will be there to do it forever!

Courtesy and gratitude have a thin line between them. While the former needs to be expressed, the latter needs to be felt, and if done  with a certain warmth and affection, relationships are bound to go a long, long happy way !

Why does it pain, to offer a glass of water to someone who visits you? It is minimum courtesy that can be extended even to strangers!

Why does it not pinch you, to express gratitude or just keep in touch when someone goes out of their way to help you?

What joy could it possibly give you when you hurt someone continuously with harsh words?

How long could it possibly take for you to realize…Courtesies cannot wait to be extended, considering the uncertainty of life?

Be the one to take the first step, make people smile, add value and make that world of difference by being YOU!

 

Comments

  1. Very touching! So well said in beautifully articulated words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article...got to know many little important things....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent write up. It's exactly how I feel, but never got around to articulate it! You are a lovely girl, one who has matured into a responsible and kind adult. May your tribe increase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this aunty !! You have given us so much love and you continue to.. ..which is also one of the reasons why I am able to write and feel this way today.. .

      Delete
  5. Excellent thoughts and practical insights! Simple hard hitting truths!

    Yeah, I am going to act straight away on a thing or two from your gems!

    Happy people make others happy is a beautiful point!

    These thoughts seem to come to you naturally since you are this Deepu!!

    It's a joy to read your thoughts always 👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow another key topic about “Humanity and life” 

    Content of this blog gives us yet another opportunity to relate and spread “Positive Energy”.. 

    Impressed with the line "Courtesy and gratitude have a thin line between them" 

    Keep it up and keep spreading the "Positive Energy to the World"..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .. ! You have made my content more inspirational with your words .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

JAPAN- The land of utmost discipline

CONQUER THE CLIMB: Bringing up and Being true to yourself

MEMORIES OF A LIFETIME.. AND BEYOND..MAYBE!