“Fic-shun” — I am so done with this genre!

 “Fic-shun” — I am so done with this genre!

Cinderella lives happily ever after, after one of her ballerinas goes missing.

Snow White gets her Prince of dreams, while lying in a coffin.

Beauty marries her beast friend and turns him into a handsome husband!

Jack lives off lavishly with the help of a miraculous legume!

Have you heard of these stories or read them yourselves?

Well…, I grew up reading these stories too and this coincidentally happened to me as well!!

Last night , I was at a star-studded party and I had chosen to wear glass slippers, bright and glittery . I was dancing the night out to reach my time limit so I could leave my slipper in a hurry and wait back home for my Prince Charming .. so much so that I was reminded of the duration of my dancing by a piercing pain in my ankle because of the heels. Hyperventilation ensued as a consequence of the excessive dancing and drained my nerves out. I felt a profound depletion of energy and I came perilously close to touching the ground because of sheer exhaustion.., but suddenly , I gathered myself up and went running towards my castle, remembering how angry my witchy- stepmother would be , waiting for me to “put down my hair so she can climb the golden stair”. One of my glass slippers broke while running and I had to head to a nearby shoe shop on my way, to buy another one. Well , I only had that single bean to exchange for the new pair of slippers. At the shoe store , I completely forgot about my Prince who’d send his men the next day to find me with my left slipper .. instead, my head whirred , trying to decide whether I should plant the bean at home and wait for the beanstalk to get me more money or trade it for that shoe without which I won’t be able to reach my castle in time. Well..

What do you think I did..?

.

.

.

Well.., the constant whirring , made me unconscious and , I fell with a thud ! The next thing I remember was, I was lying in a coffin surrounded by an ensemble of musicians, priests and beautiful gown-clad girls — all very little in size. Hidden amidst them was a tall, dark, beasty looking man in a dark blue suit- tailor fitted to his enormous size . He stood tall, like an enormous giant amidst the crowd of littles , yet , peeked like a boy in crazy love..! The atmosphere was festive , as if a wedding was going to take place . I woke up to the gentle touch of the beast and screeched at the appearance of that ghastly looking monster! He suddenly turned into a handsome Prince, the one I had always dreamt of marrying! I saw him holding the glass slipper and I waited for him to lift me and hold me in his arms, but .. alas.., he saw my broken slippers, not the missing one and threw me back in the coffin and went away with another Princess. I was wailing continuously, and the people around started murmuring, calling me fake..scam..etc.

Hurt by the murmurs, I get up from the coffin and I see that, I m in the examination hall, and the murmur is of my friends discussing the Math paper which just got over!! Oh no!!! I have been in my dream world all this while!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JAPAN- The land of utmost discipline

CONQUER THE CLIMB: Bringing up and Being true to yourself

MEMORIES OF A LIFETIME.. AND BEYOND..MAYBE!